Design Features of Reciprocating Plunger Pumps
The RDP series of Reciprocating Plunger Pumps are suitable for handling a variety of liquids for nuclear applications. The RDP pump series are a type of positive displacement pump where a smooth cylindrical plunger slides through the seal, making it different from piston pumps and allowing higher pressures.
- A variety of sizes in Triplex and Quintuplex formats
- Designed in accordance with ASME and RCC-M
- Stuffing box can be removed without pump disassembly
- Excellent noise and vibration characteristics < 85dB(A)
- Spring loaded, auto adjustment braided compression and chevron packing, minimizes leakage
- Valves in a cartridge design, easy removal and replacement
- Configurable for drives, lubrication and skids
- Design life of 20 years
- Dampeners, PSV’s and instrumentation can mount directly to pump head
- Motor can mount directly to top of crankcase for compact offshore footprint
- ATEX compliance
- Package condition monitoring
- Various seal and power end lubrication options
- Electric motor
- Diesel or petroleum engine
- Hydraulic motor
- Variable speed drive
- Various transmission options including: Gearbox / V-belt drives
Codes & Specifications
|Max Capacity||1611 USgpm||366.5 m3/hr|
|Max Discharge Pressure||14,500 psi||1,000 bar|
|Temperature||-104°F to 392°F||-40°C to 200°C|
|Max Pump Speed||450 rpm (see note 3)|
|Pipe Size||1″ to 8″||20 to 200mm|
- For applications outside this range, please contact us.
- Max Flow and Max Pressure cannot be met at the same time.
- Maximum speed allowed by API674, not always applicable for Nuclear applications.
Codes and Compliances
- ASME Section VIII and III including stamp (N, NS, NPT)
- Nuclear Safety Related or Non-Safety related
- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- 10CFR21 and 10CFR50
- ISO 9001
- RCC-M and RCC-E
- Other international codes as required.
Water/Boron Pumps Injection
Hover over the numbers below for details about each feature.
Click to view larger image