Reports To:Quality Assurance Manager
Date Listed:October 5, 2023
Select Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Quality Engineering function supports the business needs of complying with the demanding requirements of supplying equipment primarily to the utility and nuclear industry marketplace. This is accomplished through ongoing technical product knowledge and quality program implementation at the value stream level amongst the team members.
Job Description and Duties
Provide a high level of non-supervisory quality engineering work involving broad assignments relating to the implementation of the quality program. The Quality Engineer (QE) reports to and takes direction from the Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) for all program requirements and implementation of that program. The QE takes direction from the Value Stream Manager (VSM) for daily priorities and tasks to accomplish the production schedule.
Principal duties performed in collaboration with management and the value stream members consists of, but are not limited to:
• Under guidance from the QAM, to translate the customer defined quality requirements into the requisite product design and quality documentation of HTI, to support the preparation of quotes and then in the implementation of the order. Many of these activities will require close collaboration with contract management, design engineering and manufacturing personnel.
• Reviewing and updating legacy documents and drawings for compliance with ASME Code, customer design specifications and consistent with the HTI current program. Creating new documentation to support the same.
• Review and disposition of Engineering Change Requests in support of the Value Stream.
• Under guidance from the QAM, provide quality assistance to the manufacturing floor in achieving specified quality program requirements and resolution of conflicts that arise in attaining the specified contractual obligations for the value stream.
• Disposition Discrepant Material Reports, in collaboration with engineering and manufacturing identifying and managing risks jointly to support the production schedule.
• Review of supplier documentation for conformance to the purchase order requirements.
• Participation during customer and third party surveys and audits
• Substitutes for the Quality Administrator during absences and during high workflow periods.
• Expected to participate in quality related user groups and conferences.
To perform the assigned duties, it is necessary to develop personal relationship, as well as analytical skills, competency in reading, understanding, and translating customer technical and quality requirements, enabling the Quality Engineer to arrive at reasonable, timely and cost effective program implementation.
Other related duties as required.
• BS in Engineering
• 0-3 years work experience in quality control or quality assurance
• Basic understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques. This includes knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools, preventive and corrective actions, and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements
• Basic understanding of a quality system and its development, documentation and implementation to domestic and international standards or requirements
• Ability to read & interpret drawings, standards and specifications
• Expected travel is less than 10% yearly
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented, organized and motivated
Working knowledge of ASME B & PV Codes Section III and/or VIII
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Auditor
Current NDE Certifications