Machinist – CNC Miller Operator
Select Contact email:email@example.com
As a Machinist- CNC Miller Operator you will manufacture piece parts and sub-assemblies using various machine tools in accordance with laid out specifications/drawings, work instructions and quality procedures.
What you will do:
• Demonstrate a dynamic and flexible approach to operating various machine tools.
• Demonstrate ability to set and operate Bridgeport CNC / manual mill, cylindrical / surface grinders and occasional manual turning of parts to drawing specifications.
• Demonstrate a good understanding of production procedures and best practices.
• Modify tooling, such as jigs, fixtures, templates, and moulds or dies to produce parts and assemblies.
• Lay out and verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring and marking instruments and knowledge of trigonometry.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve times specified on routing as indicated by Production Engineering to meet client’s requirements.
• Demonstrate ability to utilise Epicor systems for logging work times to maintain booking compliance.
• Support continuous improvement efforts through involvement in structured problem solving and other activities using LEAN concepts.
• Avoid improvised arrangements and suggest safe ways of eliminating hazards.
• Maintain knowledge of, and comply with, all Health & Safety requirements associated with the role.
• Never place themselves or fellow employees in danger by their actions.
What you will need:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering with proven experience as a Machine Operator.
• Attention to detail and self-motivation.
• Effective communication.
• Problem solving skills.
• Time served craft apprenticeship is desirable.
All candidates must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK.
Why work for us?
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
• Excellent training and development opportunities.
• Generous annual leave and option to purchase additional holidays.
• Contributory pension plan with associated life assurance.
• Recognition reward schemes.
• Healthcare scheme offering cash back on medical services (optician/dental etc.).
• Virtual GP surgery and employee assistance programme.
• Cycle-to-work scheme.
• Range of employee discounts (including gyms, high street and online retailers).
About the team
Backed by a heritage of over 200 years, Hayward Tyler is a global leader in today’s top performing industrial pumps and motors. We employ 120 people at our UK headquarters in Bedfordshire and have sites in Scotland, India, China and the USA.
Our UK location offers a variety of options to manufacture new, upgrade, or replace existing installed equipment. We supply spare parts for all pumps and motors, including legacy products in all industries to include Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, and Water.