IT Support Specialist
Reports To:IT Manager
Date Listed:June 12, 2023
Select Contact email:email@example.com
The IT function supports business needs and continuous improvement efforts through appropriate technology, and effective information systems and infrastructure.
Job Description and Duties
This position is responsible for supporting the Information Technology initiatives at Hayward Tyler Inc. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and will have practical experience supporting a Windows based network and fundamental networking, PC hardware and software, and computer/networking security knowledge. Ideal candidates will be friendly, courteous, and willing to work as part of a team. Provide training and documentation to end users. Be primarily responsible for the company’s helpdesk ticketing system, assist with network and system administration, setup and deploy workstations, assist with server maintenance, and participate in on call rotation.
- End User Support
a. Sets up, configures, and supports end user hardware and software
b. Troubleshoot and fix/repair desktop hardware/software issues at root cause
c. Desire to work with users to ensure the available tools are functioning
d. Quick response to user needs
e. Willingness to spend time helping users understand the best use of available tools
- End User Training
a. Train staff on the proper/best use of available software
b. Create, update, and maintain end user documentation.
c. Work with departments to build customized documentation and training plans for current and new employees
- Maintain the IT ticketing system
a. Triage and work incoming tickets
b. Escalate as necessary
- Product Center Support
a. Provide support for our PLM software.
b. Assist users with adds, moves, and changes in the system.
- Assist with network support
a. Maintain servers and network hardware
b. Assist with patching of servers
c. Assist with Network/System Administration
• 1-3 years of experience in a support position; customer service or Help Desk type position or a combination thereof.
• Due to sensitive data handling for government contracts, U.S. Citizenship is required.
• An associate degree, or higher, in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems, required. Installation, repair, and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge/experience working with and managing a Microsoft Server based network (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, File Sharing) is required.
• Experience working with a support ticketing system, required.
• After hours support of business applications is required.
• Some travel may be required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required.
• Experience working with and supporting the Microsoft Office suite, required.
• Experience administering and maintaining Product Center a plus
• Experience with using and/or administering Microsoft SharePoint a plus.
• Experience supporting mobile devices in the enterprise is a plus.
• IT Industry certifications are also a plus, but not required.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Outgoing and willing to take the lead on projects and initiatives
• Ability to get things done in a timely manner but yet with high quality and thoroughness
• Detail oriented, organized, and highly motivated
• Positive attitude and willingness to assist wherever needed
• Great attitude towards teamwork and overcoming daily challenges
• Responsible for other duties as assigned