Design Engineer, Mechanical
Select Contact email:email@example.com
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will contribute to the Engineering Department in the development, design, and production of technically sound and viable solutions to our customer’s problems.
What you will do:
- Actively promote new designs, materials, and methods to improve product performance, quality, and cost.
- Support the Lead and Senior Design Engineers in achieving the deliverables of enquiries, contracts, and projects.
- Create engineering calculations and technical reports.
- Develop high-quality detailed technical drawings and modifications to existing drawings
- Develop and apply tools associated with the design of HT products (use of relevant software, calculations and systems).
- Provide technical support to other departments and customers.
- Create CAD models, assemblies, and bills of materials
- Maintain part and assembly details within ERP system (Epicor).
- Apply knowledge on company and customer engineering standards.
- Provide expertise and ensure adherence to regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Ensure application of departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of Design for Manufacture and Value Engineering techniques.
All candidates must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using 3D CAD package preferably SolidWorks including competence in self checking CAD models, drawings and following guidance sheets.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards, and specifications.
- Experience with BS 8888 and the use of GD+T.
- Experience of machining and fabrication techniques, utilisation of ERP systems (preferably Epicor) and design of pressure vessels to ASME VIII, PED etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards.
- Detail orientated, organised, and highly motivated.
Why work for us?
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
- Flexible working scheme.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Generous annual leave and option to purchase additional holidays.
- Contributory pension plan with associated life assurance.
- Hybrid working policy for select roles.
- Recognition reward schemes.
- Healthcare scheme offering cash back on medical services (optician/dental etc.).
- Virtual GP surgery and employee assistance programme.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Range of employee discounts (including gyms, high street and online retailers).
About the team
Backed by a heritage of over 200 years, Hayward Tyler is a global leader in today’s top performing industrial pumps and motors. We employ 120 people at our UK headquarters in Bedfordshire and have sites in Scotland, India, China and the USA.
Our UK location offers a variety of options to manufacture new, upgrade, or replace existing installed equipment. We supply spare parts for all pumps and motors, including legacy products in all industries to include Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, and Water.