Select Contact email:email@example.com
As a Trainee Welder, you will be responsible for welding piece parts and sub-assemblies using various welding techniques in accordance with the laid-out specifications/drawings, work instructions and quality procedures.
What you will do:
• Check the rod stores on a daily basis recording temperature and humidity levels according to the relevant procedures.
• Monitor consumable levels and keep the Area Manager informed on stock levels.
• Ensure all equipment is inspected before welding and that it is in calibration.
• Ensure authorisation is given by the Welding Engineer/ Welding Specialist before any coded welding is undertaken.
• Set up, prepare weld surface as required and weld in accordance with procedure and drawing.
• Lay out and verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring and marking instruments and knowledge of trigonometry.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve times specified on routing as indicated by Production Engineering to meet client’s requirements.
• Demonstrate ability to utilise Epicor systems for logging work times to maintain booking compliance.
• Active involvement in improving workshop facilities as part of the lean programme.
• Ensure that regular 5S duties are carried out to sustain a clean environment.
• Adhere to all health and safety aspects related to Welding and ensure that a zero-accident environment is maintained.
• Ensure that Health & Safety, Quality and Environment assurance, control and regulatory compliance are demonstrated.
• Support Continuous improvement efforts through involvement in structured problem solving and other activities using LEAN concepts.
What you will need:
• Time served welding apprenticeship and ability to demonstrate skills in coded welding.
• Ability to weld to coded standards.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering with proven experience as a coded welder.
• Ability to weld an open root pipe or plate using TIG (GTAW), Stick (MMA/SMAW) and MAG (GMAW) welding processes.
• Ability to work with various materials, such as Carbon Steels and Stainless Steels ideally over a range of thicknesses.
All candidates must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK.
Why work for us?
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
• Excellent training and development opportunities.
• Generous annual leave and option to purchase additional holidays.
• Contributory pension plan with associated life assurance.
• Recognition reward schemes.
• Healthcare scheme offering cash back on medical services (optician/dental etc.).
• Virtual GP surgery and employee assistance programme.
• Cycle-to-work scheme.
• Range of employee discounts (including gyms, high street and online retailers).
About the team
Backed by a heritage of over 200 years, Hayward Tyler is a global leader in today’s top performing industrial pumps and motors. We employ 120 people at our UK headquarters in Bedfordshire and have sites in Scotland, India, China and the USA.
Our UK location offers a variety of options to manufacture new, upgrade, or replace existing installed equipment. We supply spare parts for all pumps and motors, including legacy products in all industries to include Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, and Water.