Date Listed:February 7, 2024
Select Contact email:email@example.com
Job Description and Duties:
The Staff Accountant plays a crucial role within the finance and accounting department, responsible for supporting various financial operations and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data. As a Staff Accountant, you will be primarily focused on managing accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, processing invoices, reconciling accounts, and maintaining records. Additionally, you will contribute to the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close processes, including general ledger reconciliations and balance sheet responsibilities. Attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and proficiency in financial software and tools are essential to excel in this role. The Staff Accountant will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and provide valuable insights to aid in decision-making processes, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and supporting the overall financial health of the organization.
General Ledger Responsibilities
- Perform monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies or variances identified during reconciliations.
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet account analyses to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather necessary information for financial reporting.
- Ensure proper documentation and support for balance sheet accounts and transactions.
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls and procedures related to general ledger activities.
- Provide support during internal and external audits, including the preparation of audit schedules and responding to inquiries.
- Process and submit customer invoices following established procedures.
- Timely processing and application of cash receipts to customer accounts.
- Handle customer returns and credits according to guidelines.
- Reconcile sub-ledger with the general ledger for all AR-related accounts on a monthly basis.
- Plan collections and maintain information on delinquent accounts.
- Provide necessary reporting on AR and collections activities.
- Assist the Finance team in preparing cashflow forecasts.
- Address and resolve accounts receivable issues promptly, both internally and with customers.
- Process vendor invoices using the three-way match method and enter them into the ERP system.
- Resolve credits, chargebacks, and debit memos from vendors in a timely manner.
- Reconcile sub-ledger with the general ledger for all AP-related accounts monthly.
- Maintain vendor account reconciliations and compare them to vendor statements.
- Develop vendor payment schedules and support cashflow requirements.
- Process electronic and check payments within specified timelines.
- Keep accurate records of all transactions and maintain supporting documents.
- Keep vendor information up to date, including Certificates of Insurance and W-9 information.
- Ensure timely processing of Sales & Use tax filings and payments.
Other Finance Duties
- Provide administrative support for e-expense and credit card programs.
- Assist with general accounting tasks as assigned.
- Contribute to the monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year close process.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Business (or equivalent relevant work experience).
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft productivity software.
- Experience with a manufacturing ERP system is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively to solve business problems.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and self-motivation.
- Commitment to producing accurate and complete work.
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work outside normal business hours to meet deadlines.