Senior Design Engineer
Select Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will undertake a key role in the Engineering department which is the technical authority of the business in the development, design and production of technically sound and viable solutions to our customer’s problems.
What you will do:
- Promote the Company’s competence in design, both internally and externally.
- Lead the development of product design with the accountability and responsibility for leading contractual and NPD projects.
- Have key responsibility of the checking/approval cycle and upholding associated high standards.
- Effectively manage projects whilst providing updates to key stakeholders.
- Direct and support design resources.
- Mentor Design Engineers providing guidance, support to knowledge.
- Ensure all aspects of customer requirements are reviewed at enquiry and handover stage.
- Identify ‘best practice’ and ensure these methods are documented and utilised throughout.
- Where applicable, adopt a value engineered approach instigating initiatives and assessments.
- Actively develop new designs with supporting data to achieve customer requirements at minimum cost within specification.
- Supports Continuous improvement efforts through involvement in enhancement of existing processes, structured problem solving and other activities using LEAN concepts.
- Lead Design Reviews and incorporate DFM principles.
- Achieve correct and timely delivery of project requirements.
- Possess knowledge of mechanical calculations to validate designs.
- Actively support Sales department as part of the enquiry process.
All candidates must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK.
What you will need:
- BEng/MEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar engineering role, preferably within a supervisory/mentoring capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes.
- Analytical skills with new and existing designs using a combination of manual and software driven tools.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards, and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of motors and generators.
- Proficient mathematical skills and other computation tools that support engineering.
- Experience with ASME, Solidworks/PDM, Ansys MathCAD is desirable.
Why work for us?
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Flexible working scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave and option to purchase additional holidays
- Contributory pension plan with associated life assurance
- Hybrid working policy for select roles
- Recognition reward schemes
- Healthcare scheme offering cash back on medical services (optician/dental etc.)
- Virtual GP surgery and employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Range of employee discounts (including gyms, high street and online retailers)
About the team
Backed by a heritage of over 200 years, Hayward Tyler is a global leader in today’s top performing industrial pumps and motors. We employ 120 people at our UK headquarters in Bedfordshire and have sites in Scotland, India, China and the USA.
Our UK location offers a variety of options to manufacture new, upgrade, or replace existing installed equipment. We supply spare parts for all pumps and motors, including legacy products in all industries to include Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, and Water.