Select Contact email:email@example.com
As Project Engineer you will directly contribute to operational excellence through supporting the successful delivery of all projects on time and in full, on budget and in line with customer expectations.
What you will do:
• Manage projects – monitoring progress, budget and risk, liaising with Operational Management to ensure the co-ordination of internal, supply chain and subcontract activities in support of delivery to the agreed contract schedule and budget.
• Monitor project performance against contract plan and budget taking appropriate action to ensure the company delivers on time and achieves the expected margins.
• Identify and assess contract risks/opportunities and manage appropriate mitigating actions.
• Regularly report contract status and assisting with formal contract reviews as prescribed in the milestone schedule.
• Lead post-contract reviews and ‘lessons learnt’ to provide feedback to sales, engineering, purchasing and production as a basis for improving the products and services offered to clients, identifying and realising cost reduction opportunities for future contract delivery.
• Contribute to the development of standardised processes and tools for the management of projects within Hayward Tyler to ensure consistency and quality in the production and delivery of the product.
• Support bid compilation by evaluating compliance, risk, and project planning issues. Establish the framework and planning for project delivery.
• Ensure compliance with all client specifications and relevant industry standards.
• Supports Continuous improvement efforts through involvement in structured problem solving and other activities using LEAN concepts.
What you will need
• Degree/Advanced/Higher Apprenticeship in Engineering, Project Management and/or equivalent job experience
• 2+ years of work experience in project management at a manufacturing site
• Strong project / risk management skills and knowledge
• Sound business judgement and decision-making capability
• Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with a wide variety of people
• Dynamic and highly motivated
All candidates must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK.
Why work for us?
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages
• Flexible working scheme
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Generous annual leave and option to purchase additional holidays
• Contributory pension plan with associated life assurance
• Hybrid working policy for select roles
• Recognition reward schemes
• Healthcare scheme offering cash back on medical services (optician/dental etc.)
• Virtual GP surgery and employee assistance programme
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Range of employee discounts (including gyms, high street and online retailers)
About the team
Backed by a heritage of over 200 years, Hayward Tyler is a global leader in today’s top performing industrial pumps and motors. We employ 120 people at our UK headquarters in Bedfordshire and have sites in Scotland, India, China and the USA.
Our UK location offers a variety of options to manufacture new, upgrade, or replace existing installed equipment. We supply spare parts for all pumps and motors, including legacy products in all industries to include Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, and Water.