Select Contact email:email@example.com
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills who is able to communicate confidently and persuasively with a wide variety of people. You will need a good technical understanding of manufacturing processes, with sound project and risk management skills together with decision-making/problem solving capability.
What you will do:
As Operations Manager, you will directly contribute to operational excellence, supporting the successful delivery of company goods and services on time and in full, on budget and in line with customer expectations. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Lead and communicate to your team and stakeholders, ensuring effective communication throughout the shop floor environment.
• Support the company in production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced to meet demand.
• Identifying any skills gaps, progression/succession in the organisation and support associated development and recruitment programmes.
• Actively promote and lead all Health & Safety activities and ensure compliance with procedures to provide a safe working environment at all times.
• Develop and manage budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
• Ensure key performance indicators are in place and production targets are met or improvement plans in place to recover performance.
• Create an environment that motivates employees ensuring that they are fully aware of what is expected of them and recognises their success, including regular reviews with direct reports.
• Ensuring that quality objectives are established, monitored, and achieved.
• Support & lead continuous improvement efforts through involvement in structured problem solving and other activities using LEAN concepts.
Why work for us?
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages
• Flexible working scheme including hybrid working for some roles
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Generous annual leave and option to purchase additional holidays
• Contributory pension plan with associated life assurance
• Recognition reward schemes
• Healthcare scheme offering cash back on medical services (optician/dental etc.)
• Virtual GP surgery and employee assistance programme
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Range of employee discounts (including gyms, high street and online retailers)
What you will need
The successful candidate will preferably have a Degree/Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering, Operations and/or commercial equivalent with 5+ years of experience in operational management at a manufacturing site. They will be proficient in Microsoft programmes with experience in using an MRP / ERP system (eg Epicor) and have demonstrable experience or formal training in Health & Safety. Desirable qualifications also include Leadership & Management certifications and/or Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
All candidates must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK.
About the team
Backed by a heritage of over 200 years, Hayward Tyler is a global leader in today’s top performing industrial pumps and motors. We employ 120 people at our UK headquarters in Bedfordshire and have sites in Scotland, India, China and the USA.
Our UK location offers a variety of options to manufacture new, upgrade, or replace existing installed equipment. We supply spare parts for a wide range of pumps and motors, including legacy products in all including Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, and Water.