Reports To:Principal Engineer
Date Listed:December 30, 2022
Select Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Design Value Stream function supports business needs and continuous improvement efforts through proper technical product and engineering principles as well as appropriate development of employees and management. The Design Value Stream is a business unit that encompasses quoting, engineering, quality, project management, production planning and procurement.
Job Description and Duties:
The Mechanical Engineer is an entry-level engineering position at Hayward Tyler for a candidate pursuing a career in Design Engineering.
This individual, under the supervision of Design Engineers, will work independently or as part of a project team to prepare complete and accurate design documents necessary to support manufacture of our engineered pumps and special purpose motors. These duties require adherence to company and regulatory procedures as they apply to the duties performed.
Responsibilities will include:
• Creating basic models and layouts from design engineer conceptual ideas
• Provide design layouts, solid models and develop manufacturing machining, fabrication, forging and casting design drawings
• Provide contract submittal documents to support our design team and clients
• Update and maintain design documents
• Assist application engineers in the preparation of proposal documentation
• Complete calculations as assigned
• Prepare bills of material
• Other duties that may be assigned
The individual qualified to fill this position shall have familiarity with various CAD programs, but primarily with SolidWorks. The candidate will have experience in model and drawing creation of machinery parts and complex assemblies which are typically encountered in the design and manufacture of rotating mechanical equipment. This experience can be demonstrated at the undergraduate level.
The qualified individual will also have demonstrated experience and a sound knowledge of engineering design principles in the creation of component and assembly solid models, 2D production of manufacturing documents, ability to perform file translations, complex layouts and their associated details. A thorough understanding of part tolerance methods, and relevant knowledge associated with component relationships will be necessary to perform assigned tasks.
The ability to solve practical problems, interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and schedule form, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, strong organizational skills, work independently, meet deadlines and accuracy are essential.
• Due to Federal Contract requirements, US Citizenship is required for this position.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Proficient in CAD programs and basic mechanical design
• SolidWorks experience preferred
• Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
• Expected travel is up to 10% yearly
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project and the Internet
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented and highly motivated
• Possess high level of personal initiative