Mechanical Design & Support Engineer
Reports To:Principal Engineer
Date Listed:December 30, 2022
Select Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Design Engineering function supports business needs and continuous improvement efforts through appropriate technical product and engineering principle development of employees and management.
Job Description and Duties
Provides a high level of non-supervisory engineering work involving broad assignments. Completes assigned engineering work associated with assigned projects though all phases of design, development, manufacture, test and commissioning.
Principal duties performed under the Supervision of the Lead Unit Design Engineer, or guidance of a Design Engineer consists of, but are not limited to:
In compliance with Design Specifications and Code Requirements, create and check assigned manufacturing drawings, create contractual submittals, procedures, part masters, analytical design reports, and maintain Bills of Material. Many of these activities will require close collaboration with design engineers, contract management, quality assurance, and manufacturing personnel.
Provide manufacturing support and technical assistance to the manufacturing floor to assist
in achieving specified design requirements and resolution of conflicts that arise in attaining the specified design or contractual obligations.
Perform product performance testing.
Participate in development projects in the expansion and improvement of existing products, new products, and other non-contract related assignments.
In order to perform the assigned duties it is necessary to have well developed analytical skills as
it applies to rotating mechanical equipment design and analysis and a fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering principles including structural and fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and other multi-discipline such as material science, electromechanical engineering, vibration and failure analysis.
Preparation of assigned work may require development of sketches, CAD drawings, models, hydraulic designs from in-house software and FEA analysis, and technical reports. Validation of these processes will require the performance and check of most types of calculations, design and analysis, and test validation using both computer aided and manual techniques.
Other related duties as required.
• Due to Federal Contract requirements, US Citizenship is required for this position.
• 3-5 years of technical work experience in rotating equipment & induction motors preferred
• Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
• Expected travel is 0-15% yearly
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient in Solid Modeling (SolidWorks preferred)
• Exposure to MathCAD preferred
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented, organized and highly motivated.
• Focus on internal and external customer service, and recognition of the internal customer needs.