Reports To:Team Leader
Date Listed:September 21, 2023
Select Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description and Duties
Machinist 2 overview
This is a mid-level Machining team member that should be able to follow work instructions from their supervisor and fellow team members and be primarily self-sufficient when setting up and running any part at their machine.
- Have met all qualifications of a Machinist 1
- Proficiency at interacting with the CNC controllers, Primarily Fanuc and Heidenhahn currently. As well as both conversational and G code manipulation.
- Expert in all aspects of primary machine. Ability to setup, program, run any part without requiring technical support from Machining Lead or Senior Machinists.
- Familiarity with use of both lathes and mills.
- Proficient with CAM software, importing CAD files and generating program for machine.
- All programing and G code manipulation required to bring raw material to finished dimensions.
- Ability to run multiple machines within the shop, with support as needed.
- Ability to train other machinists on primary machine.
Horizontal Boring Mill
Long Bed Lathes
Manual Mill and Lathe
Surface Grinders and EDM
- Safe use of all equipment and work areas used during performance of job duties, ensuring both the safety of yourself and others. Safety shoes and safety eyeglasses are required.
- Remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts, and may operate drill presses, bench grinders or other machines.
- Cleaning of equipment and work areas used during performance of job duties. Organize area and put all tools away. Clean up (the last 15 minutes of each day).
- Maintenance, lubrication, and care of machines, equipment, tools and fixtures.
- Advise supervisor when expendable tooling needs to be replaced.
- Assist in the training of new employees assigned to the area.
- Will need to use respiratory devices for certain job duties
- Supports Continuous improvement efforts through involvement in structured problem solving and other activities using LEAN concepts.
- Other related duties as required
• High school education or equivalent / Technical training preferred
• 0-3 years of related work experience or higher education
• Ability to lift 35 lbs from floor to bench
• Ability to read blueprints and use machine shop measuring tools a plus
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Welding experience a plus