CNC Machinist-Doosan Operator
Reports To:Area Manager/Supervisor
Date Listed:March 15, 2022
Select Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Hayward Tyler Ltd. is looking to recruit a CNC Machinist – Doosan Operator, a key member of the team that is responsible for manufacturing piece parts and sub-assemblies using various machine tools in accordance with laid out specifications/ drawings, work instructions and quality procedures.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Ability to set, program and operate CNC milling machine to machine parts to specifications, specifically the Doosan 5 axis horizontal CNC machining centre.
• Manufacture parts and components in a low volume production environment to engineering drawings.
• Manufacture or modify tooling, such as jigs, fixtures and moulds.
• Lay out and verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring and marking equipment and knowledge of trigonometry.
• Ability to achieve times specified on job travellers as indicated by Production Engineering to meet production requirements.
• Ability to utilise Epicor (ERP) system for logging work times to maintain booking compliance.
• Active involvement in improving workshop facilities as part of the lean programme.
• Support continuous improvement efforts through involvement in structured problem solving and other activities using LEAN concepts.
• Report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to their line management in line with procedure.
The successful candidate will have time served craft apprenticeship and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering with proven experience as a Machine Operator. The ideal candidate will be skilled in CNC milling with experience / knowledge in manual milling and possess a proven track record to include manual machining. The ability to use the DOOSAN DBC 130 Mark II with a Fanuc Series 31 I – Model B control unit is essential. The successful candidate will have the necessary skill set to be conversant with programming and operating either Hurco, Parkson or XYZ milling machines. It is essential to be able to understand and machine to ISO engineering drawing and to work to close tolerances. You should be competent in using measuring equipment e.g., micrometers and vernier calipers and have basic IT skills.