Head of Tendering
Reports To:Finance Director
Date Listed:July 6, 2022
Select Contact email:email@example.com
As the Head of Tendering, you will directly manage the tendering team, focusing on development, performance, and have overall responsibility of the tender and bidding process for the Luton site
What you will do:
• Ensure that high quality, commercially sound and competitive bids are produced and submitted in accordance with both company and customer requirements.
• Manage, direct, and monitor the overall performance of the tender process team to obtain maximum efficiency, quality, service, and profitability for the organisation. Developing plans for team activities to improve processes and customer service both internally and externally.
• Effective liaison, support and assistance with all relevant stakeholders including sales, applications, engineering, projects, quality, finance and other key stakeholders.
• Produce and be responsible for Tendering KPIs including but not limited to: quote lead time and quotes outstanding
• Working closely with the sales team and using Salesforce to manage customer requirements and information to produce accurate quotations within a timely manner
• Manage the development of plans for tender process activities to achieve targets, including streamlining of process, analysis, and documentation
• Assist in the development and preparation of the organisation’s tender process strategy and general business planning
What you will need:
• Background and experience in a similar business
• Experience in a similar role
• Managing people and proven record of driving change processes
• Strong IT system skills
• Full driving licence
Why work for us?
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages
• Flexible working scheme
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Generous annual leave and option to purchase additional holidays
• Contributory pension plan with associated life assurance
• Hybrid working policy for select roles
• Recognition reward schemes
• Healthcare scheme offering cash back on medical services (optician/dental etc.)
• Virtual GP surgery and employee assistance programme
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Range of employee discounts (including gyms, high street and online retailers)
About the business:
Backed by a heritage of over 200 years, Hayward Tyler is a global leader in today’s top performing industrial pumps and motors. We employ 120 people at our UK headquarters in Bedfordshire and have sites in Scotland, India, China and the USA.
Our UK location offers a variety of options to manufacture new, upgrade, or replace existing installed equipment. We supply spare parts for all pumps and motors, including legacy products in all industries to include Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, and Water.