CNC Machinist-Hurco Operator
Date Listed:August 5, 2022
Select Contact email:email@example.com
As a CNC Machinist, you will manufacture piece parts and sub-assemblies using various machine tools in accordance with laid out specifications/drawings, work instructions and quality procedures. You will be skilled in CNC milling with experience / knowledge in manual milling and possess a proven track record to include manual machining.
What you will do:
• Set, program and operate CNC milling machine to machine parts to specifications.
• Manufacture parts and components in a low volume production environment to engineering drawings.
• Manufacture or modify tooling, such as jigs, fixtures and moulds.
• Lay out and verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring and marking equipment and knowledge of trigonometry.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve times specified on job travellers as indicated by Production Engineering to meet production requirements.
• Demonstrate ability to utilise Epicor (ERP) system for logging work times to maintain booking compliance.
• Active involvement in improving workshop facilities as part of the lean program.
• Support continuous improvement efforts through involvement in structured problem solving and other activities using LEAN concepts.
• Report any accident, near-miss, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to their line management in line with procedure.
• Switch off and secure unattended plant or equipment.
• Avoid improvised arrangements and suggest safe ways of eliminating hazards.
• Never place themselves or fellow employees in danger by their actions.
What you will need:
• Time served craft apprenticeship.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering with proven experience as a Machine Operator.
• Ability to understand and machine to ISO engineering drawings and ability to work to close tolerances.
• Competence in using measuring equipment e.g., micrometres and Vernier callipers.
• Basic IT skills.
• Experience with programming and operating either: Hurco BX40i CNC Vertical machining centre, control – Winmax 5 multi-screen operator programmable, Parkson vertical machining centre VB-2016, control – Fanuc series OI-MC or XYZ milling machines is desirable, as well as good knowledge of 5S principles.
Why work for us?
• Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
• Excellent training and development opportunities.
• Generous annual leave and option to purchase additional holidays.
• Contributory pension plan with associated life assurance.
• Recognition reward schemes.
• Healthcare scheme offering cash back on medical services (optician/dental etc.).
• Virtual GP surgery and employee assistance programme.
• Cycle-to-work scheme.
• Range of employee discounts (including gyms, high street and online retailers).
About the team
Backed by a heritage of over 200 years, Hayward Tyler is a global leader in today’s top performing industrial pumps and motors. We employ 120 people at our UK headquarters in Bedfordshire and have sites in Scotland, India, China and the USA.
Our UK location offers a variety of options to manufacture new, upgrade, or replace existing installed equipment. We supply spare parts for all pumps and motors, including legacy products in all industries to include Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear, and Water.