Assembly Technician I
Reports To:Team Leader
Date Listed:July 6, 2022
Select Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description and Duties:
This is an entry level assembly team member that should be able to follow work instructions from his supervisor and fellow team members levels 2-4. Work in all areas of assembly (DCI, Build and Wind) with the ability to understand drawings and work instructions. As defined within this job description.
Assembly consists of the below
A. Wet Wound Stator’s Boiler water circulating pump’s Hayward Tyler design
B. Dry Stator Units Boiler water circulating pump’s General Electric design
C. Dry Stator units Caned motor pumps and Canned motor retro fit Hayward Tyler design
D. Wet wound stator boiler water circulating pump Non-OEM
E. Vertical pumps
- Positive learning attitude, takes direction with a can-do approach, asks questions when unsure of direction. Works well with all Hayward Tyler team members team members.
- Disassemble pumps, motors, and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Clean parts. Cleaning will be manual or with power equipment such as; the sandblast booth, bead blast cabinet, chemical parts washers, pressure washer.
- Inspect parts. Inspection will include writing inspection reports on the condition of the parts.
- Heat work pieces, using hand torch or heating furnace, when necessary.
- WSU motor build. Winding, jointing, performing tiebacks, and electrical testing.
- DSU motor build. Winding, jointing, encapsulate stator, and electrical testing.
- Stator and rotor stacking of laminations using the press.
- Balancing impellers, shafts, rotors, or assemblies using balancing equipment.
- Assembly. Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners, using hand tools and portable powered tools.
- DSU welding and brazing. Set up and operate arc welding machine and tooling fixtures. Braze rotors
- Hydrotest assemblies, pumps, and motors subassemblies.
- Performance testing in test loop: Set up and operate piping and valves.
- Leak test sealed units using mass spectrometer or helium leak detector as required.
- Paint parts, which may use brush or roller, or spray gun in the paint booth.
- Miscellaneous grinding utilizing various hand tools, to include grinding on impellers, rotors, stators, etc.
- Prepare units for shipping.
- Safe use of all equipment and work areas used during performance of job duties, ensuring both the safety of yourself and others. Safety shoes and safety eyeglasses are required.
- Work to drawings, manuals, procedures, route sheets and other written or verbal instructions.
- Remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts, and may operate drill presses, bench grinders or other machines.
- Effective use and care of measuring equipment
- Maintain accurate paperwork on a timely basis; i.e. cost cards, route sheets, shop reports, etc.
- Cleaning of equipment and work areas used during performance of job duties. Organize area, and put all tools away. Clean up (the last 15 minutes of each day).
- Maintenance, lubrication, and care of machines, equipment, tools and fixtures.
- Advise supervisor when expendable tooling needs to be replaced.
- Proper use of tool crib and tool storage areas.
- Assist in the training of new employees assigned to the area.
- Will need to use respiratory devices for certain job duties
- Other related duties as required
- High school education or equivalent / Technical training preferred
- 0-3 years of related work experience or higher education
- Ability to lift 35 lbs from floor to bench
- Ability to read blueprints and use machine shop measuring tools a plus
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Welding experience a plus
- Machining experience a plus