Reports To:Human Resources + Business Support Lead
Date Listed:May 8, 2023
Select Contact email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The HR function supports business needs and continuous improvement efforts through appropriate relationship development of employees and management.
Summary of Position:
As an Administrative Assistant for Hayward Tyler, Inc., you will be responsible for establishing the important “first impression” for the organization by greeting, welcoming, and directing visitors appropriately. The position is responsible for providing a variety of administrative functions to support all departments.
Job Description and Duties:
- Switchboard – answers and directs incoming calls.
- Facsimile – transmit facsimiles as required and distribution of incoming facsimiles.
- Maintains company extension listing and distribution to appropriate personnel and/or shared telephone locations.
- Responsible for sorting and distribution of incoming mail; opens and date stamps Accounts Payable invoices/statements. Applies postage to outgoing mail for daily pick up by 9 AM (occasional trip to Post Office may be necessary).
- Responsible for daily stamping of accounts payable invoices (date stamp and code stamp).
- Responsible for inventory of coffee and supplies, including bottled water service, while also responsible to make sure the cafeteria and 2nd floor kitchen area are adequately stocked.
- Responsible for inventory and ordering of office supplies.
- Organizes meeting luncheons.
- Assists with travel accommodations.
- Data entry
- Assists with inventory of toner for copiers.
- General administrative and assistant duties.
Other duties as required.
- Responsible for approving CTO per company policy and maintaining approved CTO spreadsheet.
- Overtime reporting – monthly update and distribution
- Maintaining mileage report
- Preparation of new hire binders
- Sort and distribute weekly payroll checks.
- Reconciles weekly labor hours for direct personnel against EPICOR labor report.
- Responsible for approving Wellness reimbursements and maintaining Wellness incentive spreadsheet.
- Maintain employee photo files.
- Assists in recruiting efforts by placing ads, sorting resumes, scheduling interviews, and maintaining candidate contact.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Assist in general HR record keeping and filing.
- Additional HR support as needed.
DVS (Design Value Stream) Support
- Preparing customer submittals for PM approval
- Includes creating LOT and assembling documents for transmittal.
- Cross checking approved submittals to latest released version prior to shipment
- Enter Engineering hours into EPICOR
Miscellaneous administrative support for DVS team
High School education or equivalent
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the internet
- Proficient with the English language
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong administration skills. Ability to operate standard office equipment; computer, copier, etc.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Possess an unquestionable level of confidentiality.